Saturday, June 14, 2008

Selling my memories for a pittance...

...leaves me with mixed emotions. On the one hand, garage sales are fun to browse and a great way to make a little extra cash (which I definitely need right now). On the other hand, seeing people look at the treasures, which once held some sort of importance for me, as though they were digging through a dumpster is just... sad and a little painful. Fortunately, I had a side sale of the jewelry I make and got a lot of positive response about it so I ended the sale feeling pretty good about things. Plus, it was fun listening to '50's Hawaiian music (the Reader's Digest Aloha Hawaii 8-track, volume one and two!) and hanging out with Matt. We ordered pizza and enjoyed the sun (he got too much - I stayed in the shade) and made enough to go to the beach tomorrow without feeling like we're blowing our rent money. All in all, it was a good day.

No comments: