Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A Year Of Firsts And It's Only The 4th.

The weekend was great: Thursday night, I went over to M's after work with Chinese food in tow, after which we headed down to the bar to sing for awhile and hang out with T. New Year's Eve day we watched Amelie (which I hadn't seen and loved), then headed out to spend the evening at T & D's drinking champagne, eating pizza and other random junk food, playing video games and Yahtzee and then watching the ball drop on tv. We all got up to make a tasty breakfast on the 1st, then M & I just sorta lazed around and played more video games and Yahtzee once we got back into town. Sunday we decided on a whim to go down to Eugene and spend the night at my parents' place. Burrito Boy was on the agenda for dinner and after seeing Kinsey at the Bijou, we went over to the Downtown Lounge and played pool for a bit before the kung fu karaoke started. After my mom made dutch babies and bacon for breakfast yesterday, we wanted to wander around the UO campus (we're both graduates) and go say hi to M's old boss. He introduced me as his girlfriend for the first time...so cute! On the way home, we stopped at the outlets in Woodburn and then he surprised me by taking me to see Garden State (which I'd been whining about wanting to see for weeks) at the Kennedy School. We were back to my place by 10ish and I slept like a baby. Amazing.

I wish I were independently wealthy so I could do stuff like that all the time. As it stands, I'm grounded until next Wednesday. Guh.

No comments: