Monday, March 28, 2005

Groggy McGroggerson Here...

The weekend was really busy and I didn't get half enough sleep. My 2nd interview got postponed to Wednesday because the regional manager of the property won't be in town until then and I'm hoping I'll be caught up on sleep by then. I was ready to walk in and say, "When do I start?" today, but I think I can muster up the confident thing again on Wednesday.

Saturday was long....really long. We left for IKEA around 9am-ish and didn't get home until 9pm-ish. Oi. But, we have the right bedframe now and it's made a huge difference in how comfortable the mattress is. It was fine before, but now it's dreamy. We also got curtains, rods and finials for the bedroom, a matching apron and oven mitt, some plants and ceramic containers to transplant them into, lightbulbs, tea lights, and plastic storage containers for under the bed. I love IKEA. They really need to put one here in Portland...or maybe it's better for everyone's wallet that they haven't yet....

We picked up most of the stuff from M's folks' place yesterday, the rest of which he's getting today before they get home, and by the time we go to bed tonight, we'll pretty much have the living room finished (for the time being until we can get the couch we want) and ready for company with enough seating for at least five people. In fact, all of the rooms are about 90% done...we have a few boxes to deal with in the second bedroom and the living room and I have stuff to organize in the closet across from the bathroom, but aside from that, we're fairly well settled.
If all goes well with this job I'm up for, I'll see if we can plan a small house warming/hooray for a new job get-together.

No comments: