Friday, July 19, 2002

There's no accounting for taste

Rob over at Be Less Boring found this list of 100 albums that should be removed from your cd collection.... these guys must be joking. Or really bitter, really shitty musicians. They trashed generic bands like The Gin Blossoms and Offspring who I don't give a crap about one way or the other and the extremely irritating Celine Dion (thank you for that one!). So, they aren't completely retarded. But U2's "War"? INXS's "Listen Like Thieves"? And the Beastie Boys?? Three times, even?!? C'mon! That shit is classic! Even if it's just for the nostalgia factor, I can't support 3/4 of the albums on their list. Sure, we all make the occasional music purchase faux-pas... for example, I must have been on crack the day I bought Snow's "12 inches of snow" back in 1993. Go ahead and laugh....I'll wait...... Ok, now the reason I haven't gotten rid of it (or any of the cassettes I haven't gone out and bought on cd) is because every time I look at it, I laugh. I think if it as the mullet of my music collection. Sure, it's just sitting there collecting dust, but it cracks me up that I have it. Anything that makes me a laugh for whatever reason is a keeper no matter how bad it is.

No comments: