Saturday, March 20, 2004

Sushi, The Law, and Zombies

Last night, my whole office went to the Portland City Grill for dinner (paid for by the company for acheiving a goal set about a month ago) and between drinks, sushi and a vanilla bean creme brulee for dessert, I felt like I made the most of the company's money. Good food and drinks are always nice, but free good food and drinks are awesome.

I went straight from the restaurant to the bar, meaning I still had a black suit on from work, and Brad says, "So you're a lawyer now?" to which I responded, "Yes, yes I am." Later he asked if he could talk to me seriously for a sec and proceeds to make up a story about how he needs representation and he did, in fact, do it, but could I get him off.... I said he may not know it, but I've never been defeated in court and since I've watched a lot of Law & Order, I'm pretty confident in my litigation abilities. As I was leaving, after singing my new favorite Bon Jovi song, I told Brad I had to go research a case down at the law library but I'd probably come by after I was done today. Remind me not to go straight from work to the bar again.

Now I'm off to see Dawn Of The Dead... gotta love zombie movies.

No comments: