Sunday, September 05, 2004

And So It Begins...

My parents were already at the airport when I checked in, so I went through the security check and they took my nail scissors and mini swiss army knife. Sucky. They let me keep the tweezers out of the swiss army knife and that's all I really cared about. When we got here, we were told it was too early to check in and to come back at 3pm. It was 11:30 am and all I wanted was a shower. The owner said the only reason we couldn't check in was because the rooms weren't cleaned yet, but if I wanted to take a shower, I could go ahead. I get up the three narrow, steep flights of stairs, lugging my gigantic suitcase, and find out that our shower has almost no water pressure. I felt like I was taking a shower in the sink. Nonetheless, beggars can't be choosers and I was just happy to be clean. It's as hot here today as it has been in Portland and that's just gross. I'm hoping against hope that it cools off the rest of the week.

After we got something to eat and changed out our money, my mom and I hopped on a bus and ended up in Soho, then over in Piccadilly Circus wandering around Carnaby St., and then over into Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square. Got some great pictures of the archetecture and planning to get more tomorrow. My sister gets here in about 1/2 hour, so I'm off to claim the big bed...ha ha!

No comments: