Thursday, September 30, 2004

Head Games

Last night, I lost at pool again. Not by tons, but it doesn't really matter. Losing is losing. I'm not upset about it, though. It turns out that I was recruited for the team again this season not for my amazing technical skills (riiight.) but for my psychological coaching abilities. Jason (ranked at a 7) put himself up second and Noah's team played their highest ranked player (a 6). In case that doesn't mean anything to you, Jason had to make more shots to win than the other team's guy. Anyway, about half way through the match, they were tied, which actually meant Jason was behind. He holds himself to super high standards when he's playing pool and he gets mad at himself if he's not playing perfect...this does not help his game. So, I put on my nurse's uniform (just kidding), went over to him between racks and worked my magic. Needless to say, he won. Damn, I'm good. In related news, I'm getting much better at taking directions when I'm playing. I think we're on the back side of the learning curve.

No comments: