Thursday, July 29, 2004

No Rest For The Wicked

I've got a dinner thing tonight right after work in Vancouver with family friends and I don't get to go home first to change. Guh. After being out until after 1am last night, I'm already tired and sorta wishing I could just go home and curl up on the couch. I'm hoping a steady diet of peanut m&ms between now and 6pm when I get done with work will keep me going for the rest of the evening. I'd hate to doze off during dinner and end up face down in a plate of spaghetti or something.

So, last night was interesting... I won my pool match (woo!) and then went home to change before heading down the the BR. One of my neighbors wandered out while I was waiting for the bus to go downtown and proceeded to make some comments that made me really uncomfortable. Compliments are one thing but gawking and repeated references to my "really nice boobs" made me want to put on a big hoodie and sweatpants and lock myself in my apartment. The guy is kinda crazy too (insomniac - not good for the ol' brain) so I'm gonna have to watch myself around him from now on. To follow up that bizarro conversation, some crazy crackhead lady on the bus started yelling at me not to touch her ass again (as if...I never touched her in the first place...gross.) and threatened me with her fist like she was going to hit me. I told her I didn't touch her and not to even think about hitting me and she got off the bus at the next stop... Good times.

Anyway, I finally got down to the bar and ended up talking to Matt (Nick's roommate) for most of the night. We've chatted briefly in passing, since we do frequent the same bar and have a bunch of the same friends, but we actually had the "so, what do you do/where do you live/where did you go to school, etc" conversation last night...he sucked me in with a round of Yukon Jack shots (hurts so good and requires a toast to bad ideas) and later offered to drive me home. Nice.

Tomorrow night, there's a party at Luke's. All the cool kids are going...should be a good time.

No comments: