Thursday, July 22, 2004

Why Is It Always The Girls?

About a week ago, a friend of a friend (both female) asked our mutual friend to give me her number....because she thinks I'm hot and wants to make out with me. Ha. Anyway, she made our friend conduct the whole transaction and other than the initial hellos when we met, she didn't say a word to me the whole night. Now, in the hetero-world, if a dude wants me to call him or I want him to call me, we make damn sure that we've spent a good portion of the evening trying to get to know the person we want to hang out with later. I can't remember the last time I asked someone seriously to tell someone else I like them (I joke about it all the time though because acting like you're in elementary school is fun). Come to find out, she's only 21. Things are starting to make more sense.

Anyway, I obviously didn't call her. First and foremost, I don't want to lead her on. Second, I don't just randomly call people I don't know. So, when she showed up at the bar last night, apologizing for being drunk and shy last time, I wasn't sure what to say. She was there to celebrate her cousin's 21st birthday and hang out with our mutual friend... but after I finished with pool and sat down with my friends, I saw her asking our friend where I was and she made a point of talking to me again before they left, saying we should hang out some time when she gets back from Ashland and get coffee or something..."just as friends or whatever." Oi.

The best part about the whole dilemma is that my guy friends think we should make out... apparently, "that would be hot."

No comments: