Friday, July 23, 2004

That Had To Hurt.

Taryn, Jason and I went to Conan's last night to see our friend Dan's band, Contusion, play their first show. It was... interesting. Apparently, I make some pretty funny faces when I don't quite know what to make of a band I've never seen before. We all had scratchy throats by the time we headed out (just watching/listening to the screaming bands made our throats hurt) and we all were ready to go much earlier than we actually left. The two things that got me were: the video footage from the last band (Kettle Cadaver)'s dvd - I just don't need to see anyone hammering a nail through their scrotum or stapling into the sensitive skin on the inside of their bicep - and the singer from the first band (Bung)'s gut thrashing around the stage like it had a life of it's own. Keep your nuts in your pants and your shirt on, dudes. Afterwards, we headed down to the BR for a bit and each only sang one song before Taryn and I went home. Today, I'm wishing we'd gone to the bowling alley in Hillsboro to see Eric's band instead. Lame.

No comments: