Tuesday, September 09, 2003

The Good, The Bad And The Not-Very-Bright

Yesterday was a bizarre series of ups and downs. The day started with me going out to the car only to find the battery dead. Newer Volkswagons have a weird thing where the headlights are connected to the ignition and they turn on and off with the whole car, but the inside dashboard lights have to be manually turned on and off. Because I am an idiot, I didn’t turn them off when I got home from the video store/Taco Bell run Sunday night and consequently killed the battery. This was bad. After calling my boss to let her know I’d be a little bit late, I called the guys at the towing company we use at work and they came out, gave me a jump and didn’t charge me for it. This was good. After a normal few hours at work, a resident came in and cussed me out about the valet parking lot, which I have no control over whatsoever. This was bad. But not long before we were getting ready to close up, Eric came in to say hello. This was good. After an uneventful few hours at home, I got ready to go out to Dante’s for Karaoke From Hell with the regular Wednesday folks from the Boiler Room. I grabbed my bag and locked the bottom lock on the door and pulled it shut behind me. After digging around in my bag for an unnecessarily long time as it’s not that big, I finally accepted that I’d locked myself out of both the house and the car. I went next door to see if my neighbor was home because he has a spare key, but he wasn’t and then I remembered I’d left my bedroom window open, so I basically had to break into my own house because, yet again, I was an idiot. This was bad. However, I got to Dante’s and had a good time and got a maple bar at Voodoo Donut before I went home. This was good. And the moral of the story is this: as long as you end your day with donuts, being an idiot isn’t so bad.

No comments: