Monday, January 05, 2004

Day Five...Call Me When It's Over

I'm a serious advocate of full disclosure truth telling. It just keeps everyone around you aware of where things stand and allows for educated decision making. However, I find that I don't always have the best timing when I blurt out how I'm feeling and later I wonder if it was really the best idea to say anything at all. For example, yesterday I vented, via instant messages, my frustrations about the barrage of unsolicited advice I've received in the last week re: my relationship with the recipient of the messages. I don't know if technical difficulties cut the conversation short or if he was just done listening to me bitch, but I was left staring at the screen wondering if what I'd been dumping on him was really need-to-know info. Even as I was typing, the usual twinge of guilt surfaced and by the end of the very one-sided conversation I felt like shit for pulling him into my problem. I still feel like shit.

Since I've earned the time, I took a personal day off from work to get some stuff done this morning (dr. appt for a physical) and now that I'm home, I'm hoping for an uneventful rest of the day. I always feel kind of violated after visiting the doctor and I'm glad it's only once a year. Now, it's nap time.

No comments: