Thursday, May 06, 2004

I Never Claimed To Be Cool....

The supply order I placed two days ago came in today and that means new Sharpies for me. Woo hoo! As a child, I never imagined that I'd one day get excited over office supply deliveries. In a weird way, it's like Christmas or my birthday.... even though I know what's coming, opening the boxes and seeing all the new stuff just makes me happy. Dry erase markers, Sharpies, ink refills, correction tape, paper clips, post-its...it almost brings a tear to my eye. At first, I hid my joy, thinking people would give me more cocked-eyebrow looks than they already do, but I've learned that I'm not alone in my excitement over tools of the administrative trade and now I squeal like a school girl at a Justin Timberlake concert when the Boise truck rolls up to the office. Maybe that's why I'm such a supply Nazi....when the order comes, it's a treat. If we got stuff all the time, it wouldn't seem as special.

I really need get out more.

No comments: