Monday, May 17, 2004

The Thing About Mondays Is...

I always feel like my weekend wasn't long enough. No matter how long it actually was...two days, four days... I'm not as productive on the weekends as I think I somehow should be, so that's problem number one. Problem number two is that I wish I were independently wealthy so I wouldn't have to get up Monday morning and go to work. I don't see that happening in my near future. Problem number three is that 90% of the time, I have a great time on my days off and just an ok time on the days I have to work... Don't get me wrong, I like my job well enough. I'm just not passionate about it. I get up, I go to work, I do my job, I go home and I don't really think about it again until the next day. It keeps me from living in a box down by the river and occasionally I have a really great day. The rest of the days just blur together (thank you, corporate life).

...I know why I'm discontent....and it's not work. Friday night, I met a really nice guy and, because I'm a dumbass, I didn't trade numbers or anything with him. I rarely meet really nice guys. I'm gonna have to put a "kick me" sign on my own back today.

No comments: