Monday, May 24, 2004

Piscean Dreams

I was in a big swimming pool, floating on my back for a few minutes and then treading water near the edge at one end. At the other end, he was sitting on the edge with his feet in the water but when I motioned for him to come in, he just shook his head and tapped his ear. So I started swimming across the pool to say...I'm not sure what...but the pool kept getting bigger and the longer I swam, the further away he was. I realized I was dreaming and turned to backstroke away from him. When my hand touched the wall behind me, he was sitting on the edge next to me. But in the time it had taken me to swim back to the wall, he'd become a little boy, about 7 or 8, and he was crying. He told me he'd wanted to play in the pool with the other kids but wasn't allowed to get his ears wet (tubes in his ears?) so he'd been squirting a hose in the air at his friends. They'd gotten mad and pushed him in, but he couldn't swim and almost drowned. He said he was crying because he was worried he'd be in trouble with his parents. I told him it would be ok and that I'd talk to them for him if he wanted and just as I was getting out of the pool, I woke up.

No comments: