Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Guh.

As we're driving around the curves on a dark road through Lewis and Clark College, I heard a heavy sound that was distinctly not part of the song playing on the radio at the time. I pulled over and we found that the back passenger side tire was pretty much destroyed. Sweet. I called Owen and then Ed and about 20 minutes later Ed showed up with a tire inflator (my hero!) but both the spare and the tire that was already on the car were beyond help. Ed dropped us off at Blockbuster so we could rent a movie (Matrix Reloaded) and planned to be back at my house this morning at 7:30 to get to Les Schwab and change out the tire with enough time left over to make sure I got to work today on time. That guy saved my ass and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Monday night I was an emotionally overwhelmed mess (same as what always happens....too many things to deal with at once made me snap and withdraw from everyone) and I'm sorry to say D had to see me like that. I ended up taking him home to Hillsboro and then crashed with him for a few hours as I was exhausted and not in the mood for the drive back to my house. As I was just falling asleep with him holding me and trying desperately not to cry, he said, "I really do care about you, you know..." and, yet again, I didn't know what to say. So I said nothing. And I feel shitty about that.

No comments: