Tuesday, November 18, 2003

It’s Days Like Today…

…when I wonder what the hell I’m thinking. I told D shortly after we started seeing each other that the longest I’ve spent dating anyone was about two months and I’ve never gotten to the point where I called any one of them my boyfriend. My foresight was crystal in each of those cases because, though I’ve maintained friendships with some of them, the relationships were either destructive or superficial. I attract people who are looking for someone to fill a void or be their mother or just plain keep them from being lonely until they find someone “better.” This kills me. So, based on my track record, I have about a month left until things self-destruct. Why do I even think about stuff like this? Because he asks me things like, “Why me?” Instead of telling him the truth and saying that I think he’s wonderful and considerate and adorable and all around great and that I care about him, I should have made a joke out of it and said because he’s a hot piece of ass. My hindsight is even better than my foresight.

No comments: