Friday, November 07, 2003

Quiet After The Breakdown

My boss called me into her office this morning and asked me what's been going on this week...said I wasn't myself, it seemed like I didn't want to be here and that she could tell there was something wrong. I, of course, started crying. The stress from so many facets of my life, mostly work, came to a head and exploded. It's been too much and, in usual Tiffany style, I tried to do everything. I can't fix everything for everyone and I can't keep up with my responsibilities as well as do half of someone else's job. On top of all that, someone I care a lot about is hurting emotionally and consequently I hurt. I can deal with one part of my world being chaotic, but not both. Therefore, my focus has been on things outside of work and I haven't been able to find a second to breathe here in the office. Last night, I did some laundry and went to bed early (8:30ish). I slept like the dead but felt very alone when I woke up this morning. Not surprisingly, letting the tears flow earlier today helped with the stress factor. ...I think I need a break...

No comments: