Thursday, June 10, 2004

Getting Paid To Bowl

I am a sucky bowler. I admit it. But if I got paid to bowl everyday (much like today, when our company had leasing agent appreciation day and bought us lunch and took us bowling), I'm sure I'd become much better at it. In fact, just knowing that I was getting paid to be there made me bowl my personal best (154)! Now, in the general scheme of bowling, that sucks. I know. But in the general scheme of me, that ruled! Just imagine what I could do given more paid practice time! I'd get discovered by a bowling scout and become a professional bowling genius. I'd be the Tiger Woods of bowling. I'd get a bunch of money from Nike for endorsements and they'd name their first ever bowling shoe after me: The Air Krell. I'd get my own theme song, written just for me by Missy Elliot, that would be played every time I stepped on to the lane to start my game. I'd have a custom pink sparkly ball with my initial on it and little girls everywhere would want to take up bowling after seeing me play... Doesn't this sound like a great way to spend the company's money? I'll be sure to pitch the idea to my boss right after I finish paying that stack of bills for the property...

No comments: