Thursday, June 24, 2004

Living In Oblivion

Too much weirdness last night. I won my pool match (I'm 5 for 5 now...yeah, baby, yeah!) and then went outside to make a quick phone call in hopes of working out plans for the weekend... I didn't say what I keep wanting to say about the last post I wrote here because I'm a wuss and now I think it's probably best just to drop it. (If he didn't know who I was talking about before, it's safe to say he does now.) A little later, Jason and I walked over to the BR to hang out for the rest of the night and when we got there, Michael was sitting in his Jeep outside. I asked if he was coming or going, he said just got there and we met up inside at the bar. Last Friday, he'd gotten hit square in the face by someone he didn't even know over something that didn't even happen and ended up in the emergency room with a broken cheek, a split that needed dermabond under his nose and bruises over the bridge of his nose. He thinks the guy who hit him had an ashtray in his hand. Guh. He looked a tiny bit swollen on cheek more than the other, but he's so damn cute that it really wasn't that noticeable. I ended up hanging out with him and Bruce and another girl who I hadn't met before for most of the night and the boys were cracking me up the whole time, telling me I was the awesomest and cute and sweet and just being goofy. The attention was nice and needed...

At some point, pizza boy showed up and sat at the table behind us with his friends. I smiled and waved and did my usual "what's up" and got sucked back into conversation with the people I was with. Periodically, I turned around and waved or smiled (normal social etiquette) and pizza boy kept giving me weird looks. When I got up to get a beer, everyone at their table was looking at me funny so I sat down next to him, said hey and asked him what his deal was. He said they'd been there awhile and I hadn't come over to talk to him... I said I didn't see him come talk to me so what's the problem? He laughed and very seriously started talking about his band setting up a show soon and that he wanted me there. He gave me the intense look for a minute and then looked away and apologized for being weird. I asked him what was going on with him and why was he being like that and he said he didn't know. Then he didn't say anything for a minute, I laughed because I didn't know what else to do and then got up for my beer. While I was waiting at the bar, he and his friends waved and left. Weird.

I sang "Just What I Needed" for Mike and Bruce and the Three's Company theme song with Rob, which is always cheezy and always fun, and finally took a cab home at 2am. I'm a little tired today, in a strange mood and kinda wanting to stay in tonight and watch a movie, but I'm going back down to get some pool practice in since the tables are free tonight. I'm sure I'm going to pass out by Saturday.

No comments: