Friday, January 11, 2002

Adrenaline Junkies

I live in an amusement park-less state. Both metaphorically and literally. The only one that bothers me is the literal state (Oregon). What this means is no roller coasters, no bumper cars, no heart pounding, eyes bulging, screaming at the top of my lungs, just about to pee my pants, twisted metal excitement to be found in the whole entire state (and it's a damn big state). Now for most people, this doesn't seem to be cause for anguish, but most people are not adrenaline junkies. I, on the other hand, am and I'm jonesing - hard. I've discovered that there are few things in life that give me as big a rush as riding roller coasters. Even fewer things have all the required elements to make the rush so all-encompassingly overwhelming as to render me speechless. Now, I've recently made plans to visit some friends in Detroit some time in June and in the planning of this trip, it was suggested that we all go to Cedar Point. Cedar Point has been picked by Amusement Digest as the world's best amusement park for 3 years running and has the top ranking roller coasters in the world for fastest speed, highest drop, and longest total track length/ride time. What all that means to an adrenaline junkie is the ultimate fix. So I just need to hold out for a little while longer, deal with the withdrawl for just a little while longer, and maybe throw myself out of a perfectly good plane in the mean time just to take the edge off....

No comments: