Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Reality check...

In some parallel universe, I'm a rock star. I have a billion fans and a personal stylist and an entourage and a closet the size of a small country full of designer creations made especially for me. I have a famous boyfriend and I close night clubs for my parties and I just finished an interview and photo shoot for the cover of Rolling Stone. I stay at the best hotels and I get weekly spa treatments and I only have to mention that I liked something I saw and it's waiting for me when I get home. But I never throw tantrums or demand silly venue riders or whine about the brand of water I was just handed. I never bought a mansion or super expensive cars or flashy diamond jewelry. I don't get drunk and make a public scene or talk trash about my peers or trash my hotel rooms.

On the flip side, in this universe, I'm a girl who goes to an office for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and can carry a tune at a karaoke bar. I have a few friends and my own sense of style and a family who'd do just about anything for me and a decent sized closet that fits most of the clothes I got off of sale racks and as hand-me-downs. I have no boyfriend, famous or otherwise, and I haven't thrown a party since 1995 and I don't like having my picture taken. I stay at random motels and hostels and I wash my face every night before bed and if I want something I wait until payday and then get it myself. But I never throw tantrums or demand anything but honesty or whine if someone is nice enough to give me anything. I never wanted more than the apartment I have or any car or any flashy jewelry. I don't get drunk and make a scene or talk trash about my friends or trash my motel rooms.

.....good to know that the parallel me isn't that much different - just a change of scenery....

No comments: