Monday, January 21, 2002

It's snowing!!!!!

Is it just me or is snow the coolest natural phenomenon ever? I think growing up on Guam and spending so much time at the beach with no changing seasons gave me a hightened appreciation for fall and winter. I remember the first time I ever saw snow falling - 7th grade, sitting in my English class, just recently moved to Santa Fe, bouncing up and down in my seat and squealing, "It's snowing!! It's snowing!!" - and everytime I've seen it since, I get the same warm, awe-struck feeling. There's just something about throwing on a sweater, coat and hat and walking down the street while it's snowing...and if the wind isn't blowing too hard, the surreal quiet that comes with the big, white, fluffy kind of snow...it's like being a kid again and seeing it for the first time. And even if I'm inside by a fire or wrapped up in a warm blanket in my pajamas, just knowing that it's snowing outside is enough to give me that same feeling. I just hope it lasts a little while and I can float through the rest of the winter on a child-like cloud until spring....

No comments: