Monday, August 25, 2003

It's Monday Again Already?

Quick recap of the weekend: Friday night we went to the Bonfire over on Stark where we played trivia and I kicked ass on the music category. Later, we headed down to the Clinton St. Pub and hung out with the guys.... somehow, just as we were leaving, there was a big drunken scene that ended in me taking my sobbing roommate home and then hanging out with Mariana and Mark at his place until almost 4am. Saturday, I took Shauna to the airport, called my folks, hung out and watched Comic Book Villians (don't bother renting it) and then got ready to go out for the evening. I got to Amy's birthday party at about quarter to 7, hung out there until 9:30ish and then headed over to Guy's birthday party. There was a stripper, high school yearbook pictures, 30 spankings with a grometted belt (he's got the welted and bruised ass to prove it), a drunk next door neighbor who fell out of his chair and passed out not once but twice and a guy in a cowboy hat who decided I needed a butt dance. Don't ask. Pictures were taken, alcohol was consumed and a good time was had by all. Sunday was a full day starting at 10am with the soapbox derby up at Mt. Tabor. Guy's brother Joel and two of his friends had entered a car made out of two razor scooters, a couple of pogo sticks, some fiberglass, part of a bicycle and I don't know what else. I wish I'd had a camera because some of the entries were just awesome... Guy, his dad, his stepmom, his dog and I all sat on one of the hills and watched the races and had a great time just being outside and enjoying the nice weather and company. At almost 4 when things were winding down, we all went our separate ways and I planned to meet back up with Guy for his actual birthday festivities at Chopsticks around 9pm. After being out in the sun all day, it felt good to sit on the couch and doze and watch Igby Goes Down (interesting, but not a keeper). I should have taken a nap, because I'm zonked today, but I had a blast at karaoke and I'm glad I went. We got some excellent rockstar pose photos while Guy was singing "Veronica" and "New Pollution" and I finally sang "Rebel Yell", which I think might be added to my list of favorites to sing. Anyhoo, now that Guy is 30, he's....no different than he was when he was 29 and I intend to follow suit next March. However, Joel and I promised not get each other strippers for our 30 birthdays as Guy got enough stripper action of all three of us. I can say that one good thing did come out of the stripper experience: we learned some extra special dance moves that we can do at karaoke from now on (smackin' that ass!!). Good times...

Tonight, I sleep.

No comments: