Sunday, August 03, 2003

Recap

Ok, if I was actually home for more than ten minutes at a time other than to sleep, I'd be updating this more often. Anyway, the last three days have been non-stop and I'm about ready to pass out. You know you're going out too much when you're sitting in the drive-thru of Taco Bell at 4 am wearing a sombrero for Ezra's amusement with a guy you just met the day before riding shot-gun and no one thinks there's anything weird about that scenario. But I'll get to that in a minute. I got to leave work at 5pm on Friday since I didn't get a lunch break on Wednesday, so I made it to the PDX Blogger monthly meet up at Kell's. Met some of the new folks and see that the group is slowly getting bigger (maybe because of the recent articles in the Oregonian?). I got to talking to Karl from katzke.net and told him about the Dahlia show I'd planned to catch at Berbati's Pan that night so I met up with him later after picking Shauna up from the airport and heading over to Tina and Billy's for a barbeque. There was a very drunk, very crazy straw hat wearing dude at Berbati's who practically fell into my lap at one point and we were waiting to see which guy was going to kick his ass. Dahlia was amazing as always and Karl liked them well enough to buy a cd, so I should join their damn street team or something.

Sam is in town this week before he and Nora tie the knot next weekend so I signed on for breakfast Saturday morning and 6 of us (Sam, Nora, Nora, Ho, Courtney and me) headed over to the Cricket Cafe on Belmont and had some really good grub. After breakfast, Sam, Nora, Courtney and I split off from Nora and Ho and went shopping for a dress for Courtney to wear to the wedding. We were finally successful, after about 5 hours of shopping and a coffee break at Stumptown, at Banana Republic and everyone was happy to head over to Sam's folks' place to grill a flank steak that had been marinating for two days, some tuna Sam's dad got out at the coast and some really tasty veggies. Sam and I headed over to my house to meet up with Shauna, change for the Dr. Theopolis EP release show and head downtown to meet up with Karl and Ed at the Ohm. Of course, after the show, a few of us went back to the house and hung out with the guys and this is where the sombrero wearing trip to Taco Bell comes in. It had been a long day and I'd gotten my third wind so when Ez asked me to wear the sombrero on my border run to feed the party people, I didn't need much convincing.

After about 6 1/2 hours of sleep, I got up, got clean and got Shauna to the airport so she could leave for a 5 day business trip to LA. I did a little grocery shopping on the way home and by the time I got back, unpacked everything and looked at the clock, it was time to go over to the Montevilla pool for the pool party this guy Jamie has put together for every Sunday in August. It struck me earlier today that I wouldn't be able to go swimming because of my hair (the color would bleed into the pool) so I offered to help out with the barbeque and ended up taking orders and collecting the money and said I'd be happy to do the same thing next weekend if they needed help. A photographer and reporter from the Oregonian turned up to take pics and interview Jamie and some of the kids who were there, so I'll be keeping an eye out for the article in the paper.

Now that I'm finally home, nothing sounds better than crawling into bed and curling up with a full body pillow.... Oh yeah, just fyi - screw Krispy Kreme. That's right, you heard me. I had the best damn donuts friday night after the Dahlia show at Voodoo Donut. It's between the Paris theater and Berbati's Pan on 3rd Ave and the donuts there rule. So, go. Right now. 'Cause they're open. And it's a good time for a donut.

No comments: