Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Power Outages Are Contageous

So I was all set to curl up on the couch and watch a movie while my laundry was running and what happens? I come home to no power on the whole front wall of the house. The front wall just happens to be where the tv and dvd player and stereo in the living room and my alarm clock and bedside lamp and overhead light in my bedroom are all connected. Damn. We checked the circuit breakers to make sure they were all on and I replaced the light bulbs in my overhead light, but there must be some short in the wiring on that wall because nothing worked. The kitchen, dining room, bathroom and Shauna's room all work just fine and the inside wall of my room has power, but everything else is shot. Damn, damn. I got two loads of laundry done and went to the store to buy an extension cord to plug my alarm clock in so I'd actually get to work on time and not sleep through the alarm on my phone (which was my biggest concern). Hopefully, Shauna called our landlord today to have an electrician come out and fix whatever is wrong because I think we've already done everything we can possibly do ourselves without a professional including calling my dad for advice. So much for staying in and being entertained. Damn, damn, damn.

No comments: