Thursday, July 31, 2003

Now That's What I'm Talkin' About

There are times in life where you just have to say, "Screw it. I'm gonna go out and damn the consequences." Last night was just one of the many times I've said that lately and I seem to be doing ok. I went to the Tonic Lounge to hang out with Amy and Jason and see Sophe Lux again ( I know, I know...but I'm not a groupie, I swear...I actually do other stuff with some of them as you will soon read). They played two new songs, both of which I dig but I especially like "Lonely Girl," and I finally found out what that pager looking thing Guy plays his guitar with sometimes is called (it's an e-bow and it makes the prettiest sounds). Right after their set, Jenni and I were fired up to go sing at the Boiler Room for the last hour of Wednesday night karaoke, but almost all of the regular folks had left just before we showed up and we decided to scrap the karaoke idea and head back to rejoin Guy, his brother Joel and some of their east coasty friends at the Tonic to close the place down. Right close to lights out, it seemed like a good idea to me and Guy to go punch Joel, so we double teamed him. Strangely, he seemed to like it and then it was time to go. And what's the only way to keep the party going when the bar shuts down? Breakfast at the 24 Hour Hotcake House over on Powell, baby, yeah! There's nothing more amusing at almost 4am than some guy named Kevin (friend of Joel and Guy who was in town from New York) just going off for a good 30 minutes about random stuff and seemingly embarrassing the hell out of Guy. On a side note, I found out this morning that Mr. Barker, rather than follow us north back over to the Tonic and head home from there, turned south on 39th and was almost to Oregon City before he realized he'd gone the opposite direction of where home is and had to double back. Now that's funny. Ok, not really....I was a little worried that I'd read him wrong and maybe I shouldn't have let him drive himself home, but he says he was sober and just really tired. Nice one.

So, what's the moral of this story? If you aren't paying attention, you end up in Oregon City or you get punched. If you are paying attention, you get french toast and bacon. Yum.

No comments: