Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Ow.

Went to Karaoke From Hell last night with Shauna and Jenni met us there...none of us had been before and we loved it because you get to sing with a live band instead of regular karaoke music. I sang Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash and Come Together by the Beatles and I rocked it. Yeah baby yeah! If you ever go to karaoke with me ask me to sing that Beatles song and I'll rock it for you too. Jenni won the 100$ they give away every week and was nice enough to buy the band a round of drinks with some of her winnings. She was also nice enough not only to bring her old bass and a cute little amp, but she also burned a cd to practice with and wrote up a three page crash course in how to play the bass lines of all 9 songs on the cd, complete with pictures for the really retarded folks like yours truly. Shauna and I have been working on learning the first song and she's making me practice, which is good because I suck. After almost two hours of playing the same song over and over until I was too tired to play anymore and almost have it down, I only have one thing to say: damn my fingers hurt.

No comments: