Monday, July 28, 2003

For The Love Of Pete, Somebody Stop Me

One of the things I like about being single is the ability to be selfishly spontaneous. You can do whatcha like, when you like and it has no affect on anyone else's plans. Friday night I stayed in and fell dead asleep at 9:30p (guess the outings all week kicked my ass). Saturday I got up and headed out with the intention of shopping a little and only being out for about 2 hours. Five hours later, I rolled in and asked Shauna if she was hungry and felt like going to Dot's for burgers and she was down so we went. On the way home, we stopped at Freddy's to pick up hair dye and when we came out to the car, one of the tires had been knifed (the jackass who did it broke off the knife tip in the side wall) and was flat. We spent about 45 minutes changing it, with no help from anyone else thankyouverymuch, and the spare turned out to be flat as well. D'oh. So, we drove on it down the street to the gas station to fill it and headed home to wash up. After that, we weren't really motivated to do anything and I called Jenni to see if she and Dave wanted to come over and play cards or something. She reminded me that Joshua James (who I know from Eugene back in the day) and the Runaway Trains were playing at Duff's Garage and they were going to that if we wanted to meet them over there. We mustered up enough energy to go and that was a fun time. The bands were kinda old school rock/rockabilly and Duff's is exactly the kind of place you'd expect to see a bunch of guys dressed like 1950's style greasers rocking out. We both slept in and finally left the house on Sunday just before 2pm to head over to Captain Ankeny's for pre-softball drinks at one of the sidewalk tables. One of Shauna's co-workers met us there and we chatted for an hour and a half before we all had to go. Once we'd picked up a cooler and filled it with beer for the game, we headed down to the schoolyard for a 7-on-7 softball game and followed that with a little 4-on-4 basketball action. Tired and hungry, we made a run for the border and then hung out at the guys' house playing Halo until about 11:30. At this point, I am completely wiped out. So what's my plan for tonight? I'm going out to See Odds Against Tomorrow at Nocturnal. If it weren't for the coffee, I'm fairly certain I'd have passed out by now.

No comments: