Monday, October 20, 2003

Just To Clarify

I realized that I didn't exactly give any background to the first post of the day so I figured I'd better elaborate on the situation and get you people up to speed. My social circles are constantly morphing and, at the moment, the primary group revolves around the bar. It's from this group that Shauna found her new boyfriend (I've changed my attitude toward him and things are cool now) and I've been careful not to take anyone too seriously, mostly because when you spend as much time with people as I have with these folks, lines tend to blur and things get confused in my head. Inevitably, the best laid plans don't always work out as...planned. At this point, I should introduce the boy in question - bar regular, voice like an angel, super affectionate and absolutely adorable... a lonely soul who hasn't figured out that running around with whoever happens to be willing only leaves you with a lonlier, emptier feeling than you had before because you haven't made any kind of solid connection with anyone. Sadly, I can't tell him that because he'll have to figure it out on his own to actually get it. Anyway, on so many levels we're on the same page - we've even started finishing each other's sentences. I don't even know how it all happened, but it's completely ridiculous. As we all know, I wear my heart on my sleeve and rarely hold my tongue when there's a situation that's messing with my head, so at one point about two weeks ago I laid it out for him: I think he's great and adorable and it frustrates me that he's not serious about being in a relationship. Things have since then gotten more frustrating because of all the attention and blatant honesty about wanting to kiss me, thinking that I'm girlfriend material, not wanting to get serious with anyone right now, etc... To add to that, Friday and Saturday nights he stayed at my house, first night on the couch and the second night in my room(though I still haven't even kissed him), and by Sunday morning we were cuddled up and having the "one of us needs to get more serious or one of us needs to get less serious" talk. Guh. All of that led up to last night and my needing to get out of the bar before everyone else at the end of the night.

It's a damn good thing it's Monday and I stay home on Monday nights. I don't want to deal with any of that stuff today....it's just movies and laundry and that's it.

No comments: