Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Make That I Rested...

I figured I'd succumb to the bar demon and go out last night even though I said I wasn't going to, but the decision was made for me when I found out that Shauna had invited someone I don't much care for (who, coincidentally, she's starting to get involved with...I can only hope it's a passing fancy and he's nothing more than the much needed rebound boy) and she didn't actually leave to go out until after 10pm. I opted out and got a full night's sleep. Tonight is round two of the sleep-a-thon and it's nice to be home just relaxing by myself (Shauna is out again with rebound boy). Strange but true, I'm waffling about whether I want to head down to the bar tomorrow night. As much as I try not to be cynical and bitter, lately I'm annoyed by publically affectionate couples and I don't think I could deal with seeing Shauna and rebound boy acting all lovey-dovey if the mood hits them. Yeah, I admit it, I'm jealous of all those squishy couples - not in an "I want your boyfriend" kind of way, but rather in an "I want that feeling" kind of way - and it sucks. The worst of it at the moment is this private semi-formal party at the bar on Sunday that Shauna and I got invites to and as far as I know everyone who's been invited has someone to bring as their "plus one" except me. Lovely. Guh, I'm going to bed... this is just depressing...

No comments: