Monday, October 13, 2003

School Of Rock

Since it was my day off and I had but one plan (taking Shauna to the airport), I figured I'd just see where the day takes me after getting breakfast with Trip. I dropped him off at home and then headed back to the house to wash the smoke from last night's party out of my hair. That done, I sat down on the couch, closed my eyes and tried to think of nothing. The first thing that popped into my head was going to a movie, so I headed over to the mall and caught School of Rock. For lack of a better phrase, it rocked. Jack Black is one funny dude and the kids are great. It was well worth the free movie pass I used on it. I was still in a movie watching mood after wandering around the mall when School of Rock was over, so I hit Blockbuster on the way home and got Dreamcatchers (I read the book and the director/screenwriter did a great job adapting it), X-Pax (I love Kevin Spacey) and some based-on-a-true-story vampire cult movie. Sweet. Oh yeah, the party last night was full of crazy drama - one of the owner's dad made a huge deal about me singing, which was awkward and uncomfortable, and at the end of the night, the same owner and Lara the KJ got into it over some earlier drama between a friend of his who was being a complete asshole to Lara. Good times. Can't wait to go down there tomorrow night and see how things panned out....

No comments: