Saturday, April 03, 2004

You Give Love A Bad Name...Yes, I Do Mean You.

I don't even know why I'm awake right now. I haven't been sleeping well again for the past few nights and I don't have a good reason why. Could just be that I'm needing less and less sleep. I don't like that reason, though...I like sleeping all day.

Last night, I spent most of the evening being quiet and watching people and listening to conversations around me (like I used to before I started to get to know everyone who works and hangs out at the bar) and I was reminded of why I didn't talk much in the first place. I really don't like most people. Seriously. And the only reason most people like me is because I listen while they do all the talking. Most people find themselves far more interesting than I will ever be and it's far less effort to just sit and be quiet than to compete for attention. When I'm in a funk, that's about all the energy I can muster for social interaction. I've gotta save the rest of it up for my 3 1/2 minutes of time in the spotlight while I sing Bon Jovi. Outside of that 3.5 minutes, I really wasn't feeling the love. In fact, aside from my chat with Jordan, I could have been invisible.

No comments: