Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Zyrtec Is My Friend

Thanks to a merciful co-worker who knew that I'd taken the last of my stash of Zyrtec on Sunday and have been suffering ever since, my eyes have stopped watering, my nose has stopped running and the weight on my chest has started to lift. If things keep up like this, I'll be back to my normal routine of singing and drinking by Friday. I haven't been at the bar since Saturday night and, other than to work and the laundrymat, I haven't been out of my apartment since Sunday. This is making me crazy. Not so much the not drinking part and not so much the not singing part but mostly the not being somewhere other than work or my apartment part. The Airborne Express guy who delivers stuff to our office all the time actually bet me that I'd be out before Friday night. He said he can't believe that I'm planning to stay home tonight and tomorrow night. He thinks I'll break down and go out even if I don't feel better. I'll show him. Ok, so I'll be dying to go out by tomorrow night and calling everyone I know to come over and entertain me...so what? By Friday, I'll be content just hanging out on the corner with the old guy who plays the accordion for spare change. So what? I will stay home tonight and tomorrow night, dammit. Even if it kills me...

Wow, that was totally the Zyrtec talking.

No comments: