Tuesday, December 31, 2002

The beginning of the end

New Year's Eve plans? Impossible to make any because my friends are punkass bitches with zero ability to think beyond five minutes from now. Did I just type that out loud? Hmm.

Tonight is yet another traditionally couples oriented celebration and as I'm not in one, I'm boycotting. I may well go out and get fired up. I may well go to one of the parties I was invited to attend. I may even blow noise makers and participate in a champagne toast. But I refuse to participate in the midnight make-out with whoever happens to be standing next to me just because of some stupid tradition. Unless the person standing next to me happens to be Rupert Everett and he's turned straight for the evening or Orlando Bloom dressed as Legolas from Lord of the Rings decides to stop by or Jason Lee has left his wife and shows up just to make out with me. I may even break my boycott for Jeremy Piven or Brandon Boyd from Incubus or Colin Farrell or Joseph Fiennes. But that's it. Well, I suppose if one of the guys I'm already friends with made a move....wait, no, that's just wrong. I'm only making boycott exceptions for rock stars or actors. Yeah.

No comments: