Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Playing with my brain

I was going to just hit the sack early tonight and read a little before I fell asleep, but when the roomies ask me to play Trivial Pursuit, I can't say no. They have the millenium edition, so the questions mostly have to do with the last 20-30 years (read: stuff I should know). We each have categories that we really do well in and others that we're really clueless about, but Ryan seems to have the most well-rounded knowledge base. Needless to say, he won tonight and I had only acquired 3 out of the 6 pie pieces. Ah well. It's become obvious to me that I need to brush up on sports trivia, politics and history and I know way more than anyone really needs to about art and literature, science and nature, and entertainment trivia. If ever there's a Jeopardy pop culture tournament, I'm so there...

Oh yeah, I'm interviewing with Office Team tomorrow at 10:30. This will be the 5th temp agency I sign on with and I'm wondering now why I didn't go to them first. I worked for them right after I got out of college and never went more than a week without work. All of the jobs I took were long term assignments that went anywhere from three months to a year and a half. And they still have my work records on file at the office in Eugene to send up here to the Portland branch office. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of them sooner...

No comments: