Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Grumble, grumble

First, I wrote up this long post on Sunday and just as I was finishing the proofreading portion of the program, the pc froze up and ate my post. Damn. So, I was a little disgruntled and avoided the keyboard until today.

I start a temp job tomorrow (well, actually today) that runs through the rest of the week and potentially through the end of the year. Yay me. Also, Owen came and picked up my resume to take to his office because there's an admin position opening up and they want the people who already work there to recommend people they know. I told him to tell them they'd love me, so he's gonna talk me up and we'll see what happens. I'm also applying for a job at Metro (includes the convention center, the performing arts center and the expo center) working as an admin asst for the Portland Center for the Performing Arts. I had to answer three supplimental question on a separate sheet so I felt like I was writing an essay about why they should hire me. I hate those. Or maybe I just hate the idea of pimping myself.

Heading down to Eugene for Christmas next week and the 'rents are getting my favorite Dutch apple pie from Metropol Bakery. Aw yeah.... my folks rock!! Still haven't made solid plans for New Year's, though I'm supposed to go to the Jeffersons show at the Tonic that night. The question remains with whom? Why do I even care if I have a date for New Year's? It's not like I ever have before... *light bulb* Damn that frickin' When Harry Met Sally!!

No comments: