Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I've still got it

Cabin fever had set in and I had to get out of the house today. So I went downtown to the library and then window shopped for a bit. Amazing how a walk in the cold will suck away all traces of cabin fever and make you want nothing more than to snuggle up on the couch in the pajamas you couldn't wait to get out of 3 hours earlier. Anyway, I walked over to the bus stop on 5th and Yamhill and I saw this little boy standing there with his mom. He must have been about 4 or 5 and he was a real cutie pie. He kept looking over at me and then whispering to his mom and giggling. She finally said, "I'm sure she's already got a boyfriend or she's married." The boy looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head no. His eyes got really big and he whispered something to his mom. She said, "Well, she must already have kids of her own." Again, he looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head no. He leaned over, whispered something to his mom and then they went back and forth saying, "You tell her." "No, you." "No, you...go ahead." Finally his mom looks over and smiles, "He wants you to be his girlfriend." We both laughed a little and then I asked him, "Are you sure I'm not too old for you?" He thought about it for a second and said, "No, I don't think you're too old..." and then looked at me expectantly. Mom decides to help him out by saying, "Go ahead and tell her you have a job." He gave her a dirty look and then looked at me, hung his head and said, "I don't really have a job." Turns out he does... he gets two dollars a week for cleaning his room. *L* The kid at the bus stop makes more than I do and wants to be my boyfriend... how do you like that? Gotta love kids...

No comments: