Saturday, December 14, 2002

Feelin' Funky

There's a Dr. Theopolis show tonight at the Tonic Lounge so it's time to fire it up. I need a nap first, though. Gawd, I'm sad...

Anyhoo, I was talking to my friend Greg about this and that and mentioned I'd met one of the people who reads my blog the other day. He said he's never met any of his readers (that he didn't already know). Huh. He said if he ever did, he'd write about the meeting in his blog. I'm not sure why, as I don't have anything bad to say, but somehow the idea of rehashing the meeting here seems .... weird. Partly because I know he reads this and partly because I'm not sure what to say anyway. I didn't really know what to expect (other than a smart-ass in a green jacket), so when a cute guy sat down at the table across from me, I turned into rambling weinie girl. Guh. Seeing as that was the case, who'd want to read about that anyway, right? Right.

I saw J. yesterday on the street and we talked for a few minutes. He asked where I'd been since I haven't been around lately and I didn't have the heart to tell him I've been intentionally avoiding him. Also, I started getting that awkward anxiety feeling again and didn't know how to act. So, I avoided the question and asked what he'd been up to and how it was going with the girl he'd been seeing from Eugene. Apparently, he hasn't seen her since October and it isn't going. Huh. Said I wasn't surprised and then changed the subject again to ask about he show tonight. Then I couldn't take it anymore and said I had to go but would probably see him tonight. The way he was looking at me was killing me. .....why is it that, everytime I see that guy, I get that insecure, high school feeling and act like a bumbling idiot?....

No comments: