Friday, January 24, 2003

Being kickass has it's benefits

Hey, guess what? You know how I've been temping at the same place for awhile now and the folks have wanted to keep me but didn't know if the budget would allow for another staff member? Well, I got a phone call from the area manager this morning asking how I felt about being a leasing agent since there was an opening at one of the Beaverton properties. I declined because 1.) I'm a really bad sales person and 2.) the commute out to Beaverton on the bus would suck. BUT, after talking to the new receptionist here, I called the area manager back and suggested she offer the position to the new receptionist and said I'd be thrilled to stay on in her position here. Two hours later, we're good to go and now it's just a matter of paperwork. Much like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty, I rule.

No comments: