Thursday, January 23, 2003

Goin' Down....to Eugene

I've finally found a free weekend to head on down to visit my folks (and Chris, if he's gonna be around) and I'm looking forward to my mom's cooking and a good long bus ride. Most of the time I envy my friends with cars, but I've started looking at the 2 1/2 hour ride as forced down time that I could either be irritated about or appreciate and I choose to appreciate it. I don't have to think about traffic because I'm not driving. I don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to listen to on the way because I can wear headphones. And I don't have to worry about anything other than who's sitting next to me and most of the time there isn't anyone. Excellent. To top it all off, I may actually get to see Two Towers this weekend since there's nothing else to do in Eugene anyway. Woo!

No comments: