Friday, January 31, 2003

Pride and Prejudice

I need to quit talking to people about my karaoke adventures. I'm going out with the girls from work tomorrow night and my voice has been a little scratchy all week, but the pressure's on to get up and be a rockstar. It's a matter of pride now. However, come Monday, I probably won't be so quick to talk about my dazzling vocal abilities.... there's nothing worse for the ego than talking yourself up and then sounding like the youngest Hanson kid going through puberty. I always feel bad for the folks who think they sound good and really bite the big one once they get up there to sing, so I'm hoping against hope that the lemon tea with honey I drink tonight saves me from having to permanently eject myself from the bar....

Any requests?

No comments: