Tuesday, February 04, 2003

It's Not Easy Being Green With Envy

My sister is in Brazil again. She'll be home on Friday for three weeks and then she goes back to being Julie on the Love Boat. Sometimes I really wish I didn't need a sense of stability and a permanent place to call home because I'm totally envious of her travels and fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants lifestyle. Everytime she comes home she says she's not sure she's going back. She always goes back. I guess I don't blame her. I couldn't do the dorm-style living or cafeteria dining or 90-hour work weeks or extended periods away from my family like she does, but I could certainly deal with going to Brazil for a month or Canada for a week or two on vacation or spending $500 at the mall like it's no big deal when I happen to be in port or being constantly surrounded by cute boys with accents. I suppose I always have the presents she brings back to look forward to, but that's just me being greedy and my issues with that will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: