Friday, February 06, 2004

Don't Leave Me Hanging On The Telephone

First off, Blondie rules. 'Nuff said.

After work yesterday, I called him and asked what he was up to and wanted to know if he felt like getting a drink with me before going out for the night. He said he was staying home and having dinner with an old friend, but would see me this weekend. So I went home and decided to stop in at the pizza place below my apartment to grab a slice before heading down to Freddy's for shampoo and other miscellaneous house stuff. Joe was there and hooked me up with free pizza, which was totally unnecessary and very nice, and then asked if I wanted to get a beer with him after he got off work. I told him just to buzz me when he was done and we could go get a Ruby at the Bagdad across the street. Neither of us really felt like hitting the Boiler Room so it was kind of nice to stay in the 'hood and not have to worry about when the bus was leaving to get home, etc. He knows the bartender there so our beers were free (another unnecessary but very nice gesture), we had a good time talking and bitching to each other about the stupid crap we deal with and, as we were both tired, we bailed just before midnight.

Tonight, I am going to the BR. I will flirt unabashedly and damn the consequences. I will sing, drink and be merry. I will say exactly what's on my mind and I will not be "that girl." Watch me....it might be entertaining.

No comments: