Monday, February 16, 2004

Never Thought I'd Say I Like Mondays

For the last two months, I haven't been going out on Monday nights. It's pretty much become the only night I don't go out and it's been nice to just curl up on the couch in pajamas and watch tv or a movie and relax. Plus, I'm broke this week anyway, so I'll be hanging out at home and I'm not opposed to company.

In retrospect, I realize I actually had an overall good weekend. Saturday I slept in, got my hair cut, got a slice of pizza at the Oasis Cafe, went and saw 50 First Dates with Jason and Nikki, hung out with Jason at my place and watched Breakin' until we headed down to the bar, apparently sang well, got to hang out with most of the people I care about and finally crashed at 4am. If you make a list of the good things that happened, it's hard to be grumpy about Valentine's Day. On Sunday, Lara and I hauled our clothes to the laundrymat up the street and had lunch at No Fish, Go Fish while we waited for our wash to be done. When we got back to the apartment, I tackled the huge pile of clothes that had taken over my bedroom floor and got organized. By the time I was done, I had enough time to check my e-mail and put on a sweater before we headed down to the bar. I was wiped out so I only stayed until midnight, which was just long enough to sing a couple songs, chat with Dan and catch my bus home. I started to fall asleep the minute the bus started moving... and I dreamed about standing at the end of the bar on Saturday night, looking up from my drink into blue eyes and a grin... then my stop was called and I stepped off the bus. Two minutes later, I was asleep in my bed. Definitely a good weekend.

No comments: