Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I'm In Love With A Clawfoot Tub

I'm exhausted. I still have so much to unpack and find a place for that the light at the end of the tunnel is currently blocked out by cardboard boxes. The bruises are still coming up and changing colors and the ankle I twisted on Saturday is still a little tender. When I got home last night, I spent the first hour and a half getting books out of boxes and onto shelves, trying to separate clean clothes from dirty ones and organizing food in the limited kitchen space. By 8pm, I wanted to collapse and decided to break in the newly refinished clawfoot bathtub. Oh My Gawd. After 1/2 hour in the hot water with a fizzy ball filled with bath salts, jasmine and who knows what else, my muscle aches had eased some and I was ready to pass out. I slept like dead and getting up this morning was hellacious. Everything I'd managed to relax last night was tense again this morning and I'm just ready for all of this moving stuff to be done.

Also, I talked to Lara last night and she's going to move in this coming weekend instead of later in the month. I'm actually glad it's sooner than later because the chaos in the apartment will be over and done with before my birthday (which is one month from today, if anyone cares). I want to start my 30th year on the planet with as little stress and drama as possible. At least as far as my living situation is concerned.

Socially, the drama seems to seek me out with the intent to destroy. I mind my own business and try to be nice to most everyone. It still finds me, drags me kicking and screaming into the waves and sucks me under until I can't breathe. The current situation is frustrating as hell (shocking, I know) because I can't do anything to change it. Girl likes boy, boy likes girl, other girl likes boy and boy knows it and doesn't want to hurt other girl's feelings because they're good friends, boy is torn and therefore boy and girl are at an impass, girl is saddened and frustrated. Tune in tomorrow for another episode of Stupid Soap Opera Central.

No comments: