Sunday, August 22, 2004

13 Days And Counting...Oi.

I can't believe how quickly this trip is coming up. Seems like we were just talking about where we wanted to go a few months ago, but in fact that was two years ago. In case you haven't been paying attention, I'm leaving on Sept. 4th for two weeks in London and Dublin. (*note to self: get a functional cd player before the trip...14 hours of travel time w/o your own music will SUUUCK.) I haven't flown anywhere or even been inside an airport since before 9/11, so I'm interested to see how the whole checking in/security thing goes. My sister has flown several times and always seems to get picked for the "random" extra bag/wand security checks. Between Florida and here, she's had her nail kit taken away from her, they've asked her to take off her belt and shoes, they've pulled her whole bag apart and then left her to put it back in order.... I never thought my sister had a particularly suspicious look about her, but now I'm starting to wonder. She left a couple weeks before the rest of us to travel around Italy, France and Holland before meeting us in England. Lucky bum. I've been keeping up with the weather in the UK so I'll know what to pack and it's been cooler there than here, which makes me the happiest girl ever. Can't wait to wear layers!

Speaking of layers, the rain started yesterday and carried over to today and that means layering weather is hopefully on it's way for next week. My allergies have been acting up for the past few days and it's making me nuts, so I'm thankful for the rain and temperature change. The heat has just been ugly and my eyes are a mess. I've looked stoned for three days and that's just wrong.

In other news, my folks were here this weekend because they got tickets for the Antiques Roadshow. They said the whole process of checking in, waiting to be directed to the appropriate appraisal section and getting their stuff looked at took all of 1 1/2 hours. I think they were expecting something more than what it was. Anyway, Taryn and I met up with them out in Clackamas to wander around the mall and then they took me to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes (tasty!). Later, they came down to the bar for a few hours and got to hear us sing again and see a few of the old college people who were there for Amy's birthday party. I love it when they come out...it's a rare occurance, so I'm always excited when they visit. Plus, they get to see me in a really good mood and laughing a lot, so I get the impression it makes them feel better about how I'm doing here since they can't see me everyday and, as often as not, I'm in a funk or need to vent when I talk to them on the phone.

Enough rambling...it's shower time.

No comments: