Monday, August 23, 2004

Early Christmas Window-Shopping

I've started looking at digital cameras to decide which one I'm going to either buy for myself (I give myself at least one Christmas present every year...that way, even if no one else deems me worthy, at least I get new stuff) or put on my list for Santa. I know it seems like it's awfully early to be thinking about Christmas already, but believe me when I say I know what I'm doing. Me and the fat man are like this...ok, well, if you could see me right now, you'd see that my fingers are crossed.

Anyway, the easiest way to get exactly what you want for Christmas, aside from getting it yourself, is to do your research and start dropping hints early. Like around Labor Day. See, Santa is old. I mean ancient. The guy doesn't check his list twice because he's super diligent...he's got a touch of the Alzheimer's and he forgets things. So, it's really in everyone's best interest to write down specifically what they want and include pictures, if possible. In fact, leave pictures laying around of what you want, too... since he's always watching to see if you're behaving yourself and he's bound to see the picture circled in the magazine you've left open or the strategically placed ad stuck on the front of the fridge. Oh, and tell your parents what you want from Santa too. They probably have more pull with the guy than you do.

So, I still don't know what camera I want, but I have a few more days until I have to start my campaign. If you have one that you love, tell me what kind it is and I'll check it out.

No comments: