Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Bizarro World

It was about 7:30 this morning. I was having the best dream: I rode up to my grandmother's house in some car with I don't know who driving. I was wearing a white blouse (and later noticed that everyone in the dream was wearing something white), which I never do, and going to some sort of party. Some of my relatives were out on the front lawn, drinking and talking, and I went past them all into the house. The inside wasn't anything like the actual inside of my grandmother's house, but it was familiar. When I looked down at myself, my clothes had changed to dark red and black. I was in a big, poorly lit room with dark wood floors, a desk with a computer at one end and a paper shredder next to it. I went down to the computer and printed out whatever was on the screen, but the paper that came out of the printer said something in big black and red letters like, "Private documents!!! Security clearance required!!!" and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember that freaked me out...so I immediately put the paper in the shredder. Just as it was eating the last few inches of paper, a hand reached out from behind me to save the paper and it slipped through the fingers and away into the shredder's teeth. Next thing I know, there are hands on my shoulders tunring me around and I'm looking into the face of Jonny Lee Miller (hottie guy from Hackers). He had a blue turtleneck sweater pulled up over his lower lip, a black wool hat and was looking at me like I had destroyed something important. I tried to pull away, but I wanted to kiss him...so I pulled the sweater down and leaned in. Just as things were getting good, I was jerked awake by the sound of pounding on the front door. Talk about freaked out. I just sat there for a minute and then heard the pounding on the door across the hall....and then on another neighbor's door. I didn't know what to think, but didn't want to open the door or even look out the peephole. By then, it was about time for me to get up and get ready for work, so I jumped in the shower and didn't think anything else about it...until I was walking down the hall to leave and saw one of my neighbors' door partly open with Portland police officers in their apartment and two people sitting on the couch, handcuffed. I kept moving down the hall and left the building, looking around for police cars or other officers on the street but saw nothing. Is that weird or what?

No comments: