Saturday, August 14, 2004

I'm Not Actually Your Friend..But I Am...

The Bite reminded me how much I really don't like people. I mean, I like specific people, but people in general annoy the hell out of me. The bands were worth traversing the sea of dinks to find a seat and I was glad Taryn was with me because she was thinking the same things about the crowd as I was. Plus she took some funny pics during the show and that's always good for a laugh. They Might Be Giants was awesome and Death Cab For Cutie sounded great. DCFC played "I Was A Kaleidoscope" and I thought of Koji because he introduced me to them with that song on a mixed cd he sent me once upon a time. And, aside from being bonked on the head by the doofus next to me (three times!), I had fun watching TMBG play. Good stuff.

Later, we went to the BR and I was once again reminded how I am different from my other female friends in that men say things to me that they never say to my friends. I spent part of the night talking to Brad and Wes, who I'd previously thought was adorable...but evidently he was too drunk last night to realize that it's not cool to tell someone you think they're the cutest thing ever and want to make out with them only to take some other random girl into the bathroom five minutes later. Mindboggling. Ah, the joys of alcohol.

After the bar closed, we were hungry so, after trekking to the 24 Hr. Hotcake House and seeing the line, we headed back downtown to the Roxy for breakfast just after 3am. Woo hoo for bacon and french toast! I slept until 1:45p today, dragged myself across the street to get a haircut (hooray for haircuts!), and I'm feeling like taking a nap for a bit until it's time to get ready to go out again (yippee for going out again!).

No comments: